Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 82-365 "Point & Shoot Self-Portrait"

I've never felt comfortable with point and shoot cameras. I don't like composing in screens on the back or having the camera decide my settings for me. But doing a 365 project has changed my feelings somewhat. I've missed so many shots because I didn't want to lug my dslr with me.

So I decided to investigate buying a small camera. It had to be easily thrown into a purse or pocket, have an optical viewfinder plus a manual setting. And it had to be inexpensive. And have Image Stabilization. Do I want too much ;-)?

This led me to the Canon A590 IS. Only $109 at Newegg including a case and 4 gig card. Do I love it? No, I like my dslr better, but I do like it.

So the above is one of the first shots I took when it arrived Monday. Even though I really wanted manual settings, this was taken in Auto mode. The little camera intimidated me a bit :-)!

No comments: