Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 118-365 "Ode to Dandelions"


Day 118-365 "Ode to Dandelions", originally uploaded by saralonde.

Yeah, flowers again ;-)! And it's a weed!

I love dandelions in the spring. Their little yellow heads are so cheerful and sweet making you forget the long ugly taproot underneath. They are sneaky that way. But they conjure up memories of my children's grubby little hands offering fresh picked flowers to me, the same as I did for my own mother. Believe me, there are few gifts in the world that delight a mother more.

Simple pleasures: holding one under your chin to see if you like butter, blowing the wispy white seeds into the air and watching the wind catch and twirl them around like little ballerinas, tucking them behind your ear or in your hair as golden floral jewels.

No comments: