Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009: A New Start

For this year, I'm going to start a Photo of the Day. I've been too lax at taking pictures, sometimes going days without shooting anything. I think this will be more interesting than the threesityfive self-portrait series I did last year. That taught me a lot about portrait photography and lighting among other things, but there is still so much to learn! Taking a daily shot also forces you to think about photography in some way everyday. I'm sure there will be a lot of disappointing entries, but that's not the point. It's to work on my skills.

Playing catch-up today :-)!

Day One: "New Year's Day Dinner"
Day 1-365 (by saralonde)
Looks like I need to work on my food photography...

New Year's Day menu:
Individual Beef Wellingtons with Balsamic/Red Wine Sauce
Oven Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
(Two Desserts!)
Creme Brulee
Apple Strudel
Sparkling Wine with St. Germaine

Day 2: "Christmas Ends"
Day 2-365 "Christmas Ends" (by saralonde)
Tomorrow all the decorations come down, so this is a last glimpse of one of the trees.

Day 3: "La Couronne de Roses"
"La Couronne de Roses" (by saralonde)
My husband bought me two dozen roses. They look beautiful in the absence of holiday decorations.

Day 4: Paperwhite - "Spring in January"
Paperwhites - "Spring in January" (by saralonde)
My paperwhites are blooming! Cheerful little flowers, perfect for after Christmas when the decorations are down. Surely spring can't be far behind (LOL)!
These were a gift from our friends (and parents of my sweet DIL), Shirley and John. Thanks for Spring in January!

No comments: