Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 137-365 "Wooden Thread Spools"

My mother loved to sew and was marvelously good at it. She could look at a designer outfit, sketch it and recreate it on her own. Her dream as a girl was to become a dress designer, but war and circumstances prevented that.
While cleaning out her house after she passed away, I found some old wooden thread spools. I don't know how many years it's been since they made wooden spools, but she must have kept them for a long time. Funny the things you decide to keep after a loved one dies. She saved them and so do I.
As a sidenote: I photographed them on an old wooden chest we took from my in-law's home after they passed away.

1 comment:

Kristybee said...

I love them..they are beautiful. I imagine they haven't made wooden spools in years. They don't make anything they way they used to.