Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Definitely miss my mom today. It's been 4 years since she died. Sometimes it seems so long ago, other times like yesterday. Makes me very aware that in the natural order of things, "I'm next."
Best Mother's Day present? To have your children with you! And not having to cook dinner ;-). But I did get a car wash and wax from Mark and a massage certificate from Kayt :-).

No new pictures today. Just a few from the beginning of the week when I went to Evans City Cemetary.

I went to sit down on the ground for this shot and noticed bit of fur floating around. Looking around I realized I came within an inch of plopping down on a dead skunk. Shot did not come out as I had visualized as I kind of lost my focus.

Semi-interesting side note: if you are a fan of George Romero's b&w cult classic, "Night of the Living Dead", this is where he shot the cemetary scenes at the beginning of the film.

No comments: